Thursday, January 3, 2013

On the Pursuit of Happiness & a Healthier Lifestyle

Lately, I have been trying really hard to not just "eat healthy" but to live a healthy lifestyle (and no not just because it's a new year!) Changing habits, especially your whole lifestyle, takes time and can't be done overnight. The reason why there are so many yo-yo dieters and fitness fakers, as I like to call them, is because they don't re-work their lifestyle. Don't get me wrong I have never, and will never, count calories, I eat whatever I want, in moderation, and I don't work out hard everyday. But, I do eat lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats and nuts. I wouldn't call myself some a health expert, I just eat normal healthy foods that are accessible to everyone. 

I'm a goal setter and believe in a healthy lifestyle. So, I combined the two with this fitness calendar. I created this calendar for myself because I know myself and I know if I have planned out a fitness schedule that I would actually do it. I enjoy crossing things off the list and my workouts are no exception. I have been on the lookout for a basic, all over body workout calendar for some time now and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find! I didn't want a calendar of just abs, just legs, or some crazy workout that is hard to follow. I wanted your average, basic, do arms this day and cardio this day, fitness regimen  So, I created my own and here it is. 

Notice the top right hand corner says Goals:________, __________, _________. These goals are not necessarily fitness based but instead lifestyle based. I am trying to eat more raw veggies, incorporate stretching and stop eating after 8pm. I know myself and I know if I created some sort of crazy hard goals, that I wouldn't achieve them. Instead, I created goals that are small steps to a better lifestyle  These are attainable and achievable and once I reach them it makes me feel that much better. The key to becoming fit is being consistent so I'm hoping this calendar helps me begin that and I hope it helps you to!

**NOTE: This is a basic fitness calendar. When it says arms, legs, cardio etc. it is just a label for you to plan out how many reps, equipment needed, and moves you will pursue. No shame if you are a beginner, ease your way into it and work your way up. That is the beauty of this calendar! You can use it for all levels!




No comments:

Post a Comment