Sunday, January 20, 2013

Easy DIY Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains

I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely head over heels in love with my little pooch, Teddy. But ever since adoption in April '12 he has had serious anxiety issues. The first few months I let him get away with everything, and I mean everything, partly because I was a new pet parent and didn't really know what to do, but mostly because I thought he was so stinken cute. Well, after a few months of bad behavior, including many potty accidents I got sick of it!
seriously, how can you resist this!
After moving into my current, fully carpeted, apartment in August '12 Teddy started having many accidents. Like I said the whole apartment is carpeted, minus the bathroom and kitchen, so messes are usually made on carpet. Not to mention the carpet is a weird, grayish blue color (so gross, I hate it) so stains easily show up, and it gets stinky.

At his worst point, Teddy would have one poop accident a day and at least 2 pee accidents per day. One day after "psycho cleaning" I call it, that I randomly went and rented a rug doctor because I was so disgusted seeing pet stains all over my carpet. We purchased the pet carpet cleaning solution for the rug doctor, and it took all the stains right out! Fabulously!

Since I don't have regular access to a carpet shampooer I decided to make my own cleaner! Since the pet carpet cleaning solution worked so great I mixed about 2 capfulls of that with hot water in a squirt bottle and whallah! Worked better than any other carpet cleaner I had used, and costs a lot less. I spray the solution on the stain, let stand for a few minutes and then blot it out with a paper towel. It works miracles on both pee and poopstains, you can't even tell there was a stain there. And it takes out the smell completely too!

**One negative thing is that the initial purchase of the carpet solution is kinda spendy (about $20) but it will last you forever! It smells wonderful and it totally worth it.

What You Need:
1 empty spray bottle (I got mine @ The Dollar Store)
Bissell full-size machine pet formula Solution
Hot Water

How to:
Step 1: Measure two cupfuls of pet formula solution into empty spray bottle.
Step 2: Fill spray bottle with Hot water until full. 
Step 3: Mix spray bottle
Step 4: Generously spray solution onto stain and let stand for 3-5 minutes
Step 5: Blot with paper towel, if stain still visible, repeat.

7 comments:

  1. Before carpet cleaning fairfax start carpet cleaning fairfax's work, carpet cleaning fairfax will first measure the degree of problems you have in your carpets for carpet cleaning fairfax to estimate the degree of work force and cleaning agents needed for the good results of your commercial carpet. Afterwards, carpet cleaning fairfax will do the best approach of service for the development of your concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy is very adorable, and his eyes are totally irresistible! If you don't mind me asking, why on earth are you letting your pooch stay in a fully carpeted apartment? About your tutorial for cleaning the carpet, I might say that it's quite effective and economical. However, that doesn't mean that it should be consistent. Just like the incident you're frequently experiencing. You should build a dog house or provide a room for your pooch. Another thing is, you can actually train your pooch to go inside the bathroom if needed.
    Jackelyn Lippard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Teddy is messy and good thing you are amazy..I love you both..lol
    You are so brilliant to skip our cleaning service, nice thinking though..

    karly
    Carpet Cleaning Brisbane and Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post...really helpful towards my carpet cleaner work..thanks you sharing.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Syed, I created this solution while training my little pooch Teddy. It really does lift stains and odors out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. تعتبر  ركن نجد افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض حيث تعتمد تقنيات التنظيف لدينا علي استخدام التقنية الحديثة متمثلة في استخدام ماكينات تنظيف الارضيات وكذلك احدث الات تنظيف واجهات المنازل و تنظيف شقق بالرياض وماكينات جلي وتلميع حديثة بالاضافة الى مهارة وخبرة كبيرة لموظفي الشركة في تنظيف المنازل كافضل شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض أذا كنتى تعانى من أعمال التنظيف االممله والصعبه فشركة ركن نجد توفر عليكى الوقت والمجهود حيث تقوم تنظيف شقق بالرياض بتقديم الخدمه بجوده ودقه عاليه تعيد منزلك الى جماله مهما كان حجمه أو شكله .
    تنظيف بيوت
    تنظيف منازل بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in no doubt coming back again to read these articles and blogs. The Carpet Cleaner Cardiff

    ReplyDelete