Friday, December 28, 2012

DIY Fabric Flowers



This past Fall I was a vendor in a Craft Sale. One of my biggest sellers was headbands, especially ones with these fabric flowers. I got so many compliments and questions about how I made them so I thought I would add a short tutorial. Don't worry even if you aren't a sewer, you will be able to make these. I had no idea how to sew and taught myself how to make these flowers believe me when I say, "If I can do it then you can do it!" Happy crafting friends! 

Materials needed: 
Small pieces of fabric
needle/thread
hot glue gun
buttons/jewels/embelleshments

Step 1 : Cut 5 round circles, about the same size, 

Step 2: Fold in half 


Step 3: Fold in half again

Step 4: Start sewing the circular part, it will cinch (which is what you want) Don't worry about the circular side being perfectly cut or sewn, once you add an embellishment in the middle you won't see any flaws. 

Step 5: Once you have sewn the whole side it should look something like this. You want to cinch it in order to look like a flower petal. Start sewing on the second petal the same way as the first. 

 Step 6: Sew back and forth till you get the petals to connect and cinch together



Step 7: Keep adding petals until you complete the flower. 

Step 8: Use your hot glue gun and add a button or jewel in the middle! I attached my flower to a headband



No comments:

Post a Comment