Monday, December 24, 2012

Easy, Cheap Storage Idea

As I have said before I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment, with my boyfriend Joe. We have very limited space, especially when it comes to storage. Because we live in MN, which is my excuse for having an over abundance of winter accessories: hats, mittens, scarves etc., I have winter accessories all over my apartment. You can imagine how much Joe loves that. Rather than giving my things away I found a way to keep them and keep them out of sight!

I almost forget myself that I'm still a college student and am always on a tight budget. I literally don't have the money, nor would I want to, go buy everything (where is the fun in that?) I found myself wondering around Hobby Lobby (shocker) when I found these baskets, another obsession of mine we will get into another day, and just had to have them. I decided on using them for my winter accessory storage but still didn't exactly have in mind what I would do. I wanted to get cute hooks to hang them on but I don't have a screw gun so that was out of the cards. Instead I bought 5lb 3M hooks in a silver finish. I have a small section of a wall right next to the front door that was the perfect fit for these baskets. I was a little skeptical about the 3M hooks holding up but they have done the job. It is now about 2 months later and they are still hanging just as perfect as the day I put them there. This really is a nice storage solution if you don't have much space and it's nice to look at.

What You'll Need
3M Hooks (5lbs, bought them at Home Depot)
Baskets (in sizes of your choice, make sure they have some sort of handle for hanging)



How to: 
Step 1: Find a wall to hang 
Step 2: Follow the directions of applying the 3M Hooks. Tip: actually wait the amount the directions say to before hanging your baskets. It would be a shame if they ripped or ruined your wall!
Step 4: Hang baskets! Yes, it's that easy. I choose to buy 2 different size baskets but you could get the same size or even 3 different sizes, if you have the wall space. I put hats/mittens in the top basket and scarves in the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment