Friday, December 21, 2012

DIY Sugar Scrub | Tutorial

Hi Friends! I'm sorry I have been MIA for awhile but now I'm back for good :) Enjoy my sugar scrub tutorial
Tis the season for dry, flaky skin. After browsing through body scrubs at beauty stores such as Ulta and Sephora I realized I'm not willing to pay that much for a simple scrub! I went home and whipped up my own scrub. I had all the ingredients on hand and it smells just like the scrubs at Ulta, but it was way cheaper! This would make a great gift for you last minute Christmas shoppers or it's nice to just have on hand during the cold winter months. To make follow below!
Ingredients:
White Sugar
Brown Sugar
Almond Extract (Vanilla would also work I just like the smell of Almond better, use what you have)
Canola Oil (I was out of Olive Oil but found any will work, also use what you have)


2012-12-21 15.08.23

2012-12-21 15.08.28
2012-12-21 15.09.21

How to: 
Step 1: Add equal parts of White and Brown sugar and fill about 3/4 full. I used a small mason jar, but it depends on the amount of scrub you would like! I'm thinking if I love it I will make a huge one to last me all year! This would also be great as a Mother's Day gift or for someone you know that gardens or uses their hands a lot. I wonder what it would smell like with essential oils instead of Almond extract? Hmmm....sounds like I need to try that! I'll let you know how that goes.
2012-12-21 15.09.55
Step 2: Once you have added the sugars mix them until they make this mixture.
2012-12-21 15.10.14

Step 3: Fill the jar with Conola Oil (or whatever oil you are using) till the first line. Now, add more sugar until it fills the jar. I found mixing it this way makes it the perfect mixture of wet and dry sugar. Lastly, add a small amount of Almond Extract. I made the mistake of adding way to much and it smelt to strong! But, to each their own :) It's really your preference. Now add a cute ribbon and that's it!
2012-12-21 15.22.34

No comments:

Post a Comment