Friday, December 28, 2012

Eat Clean On a Budget

I'm on a healthy food kick. No, not because January 1 is right around the corner, I don't buy into resolutions :) My body and mind feel so much better after a clean diet vs. take out and sodium filled garbage. Sure I like sodium filled garbage sometimes but my body can't handle it all the time and neither can my concentration! Have you noticed how much less concentrated you are compared to eating a clean diet? Pooy I know I have and I hate that lazy feeling.

 Yesterday I went to Aldi, btw they have the cheapest and super fresh produce, and stocked up on all the essentials: lettuce, grapes, veggies, turkey burger etc... It's funny how people complain about healthy food, specifically produce, being so expensive. But, I bought lots of good, healthy produce for only $25! I compared the same products I got from Aldi to Cub Foods and You wouldn't believe how much money I saved! Check it out. Grocery shopping at Aldi is completely worth it and this is living proof.

Aldi
2 containers of grape tomatoes 1.58
Cauliflower 1.19
Artisan Lettuce 1.99
Iceberg Lettuce 0.99
1 Avacado 0.39
Mild Cheddar Cheese 1.49
Mini Sweet Peppers 2.29
Green Beans 1.39
Baby Carrots 0.5
Fresh Ground Turkey Burger 3.49
Cutie Oranges 1.99
Pretzel Sticks 1.29
2 Lemons 0.7
Fresh Garlic 0.89
Red Grapes (4 lbs) 3.99
Total $25.64

No comments:

Post a Comment